- You are here: Home > Does Your Facial Appearance Affect Your Career Opportunities?
You are here
Does Your Facial Appearance Affect Your Career Opportunities?
I have been asked this question a few times. Trust me, it is not an easy question to answer. But I am not surprised why people asked this question. With our advanced technology and emerging new techniques and skills in the field of skin and aesthetic medicine, achieving a desired look has never been easier. More and more people are aware of the things they can do to look better. Information can be obtained easily and for free via internet, social media and blogs.
So, does your facial appearance have an impact on your career opportunities? This is a highly debatable topic. Honestly, I have no good answer for this. But let us look at a survey done by the Society of Aesthetic Medicine Singapore in 2014, sponsored by Allergan, the maker of Botox.
In this survey, 500 men and women aged between 30 to 60 years old were being asked to share their opinions on the relationship between looks and career opportunities. 80% of them are women, and all participants have a monthly income of $3000 or more.
About 80% of respondents agreed that physically attractive people are more likely to be hired or promoted.
- 70% of them actually know someone who was hired or promoted because of their good looks.
- 90% of them think that attractive people are more likely to be called up for a job interview (photographs on CV).
- 60% think that people with more attractive facial appearance are better paid than peers with similar qualifications.
- 50% think that attractive people are more successful in all areas of work.
In summary, 90% of respondents agreed that facial attractiveness is important at work.
The results may or may not be shocking to you. Afterall, it is just a survey. It is up to you to interpret it.
At S Aesthetics Clinic, we strongly believe that confidence in yourself brings the best out of you. When you look good, you will feel more confident in yourself, and you will perform better in whatever you do.
If you are keen to find out more about our skin and aesthetics services, do not hesitate to call us visit us at our clinics to find out more.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Results may vary for individual.